Recent blog posts
- The Return Of Welcome To The Weekend.
- Closing the Bell
- Golden Years with Brian Hartgen Celebrates 1980!
- Welcome To A Long Weekend.
- It's that time again. A timely message about what's on The Mosen Explosion this time. #MosenOnAir
- Golden Years Celebrates 1978!
- Welcome to An All 80s Weekend.
- Fill that Little Brown Jug and get in the mood for another Mosen Explosion on The Bell. #MosenOnAir
- Saying Goodbye to Someone Special.
- Welcome To Friday.
Welcome to the Weekend
Where ever you are in the World, why not kick off your weekend in a relaxed and informal way. Live from Dublin Town on the east coast of Ireland, every Friday at 7pm in Ireland and the UK, that’s 2pm Eastern time. I want to welcome you to the weekend and find out what your plans are for the two days of freedom that lie ahead. So, if it’s walking in the park, going to the cinema or a gig, enjoying a tasty meal out, catching up with friends, doing a spot of shopping or just chilling out, I’d love to hear from you.
Welcome To The Weekend will have many features such as:
- The kick-start song that will kick-start your weekend. Whether it’s a fast-paced tune or a gentle melodic track, the choice is yours. Whatever tune gets you in a relaxed frame of mind, I’d love you to suggest the opening track for my show.
- The Double Take: This is when I’ll play two tracks by your favourite artist at half past the first hour of my show. Not only can you suggest the artist, but you can even tell me in which order you’d like the tracks played. I’ll even give you a profile about the artist you suggest.
- The Irish Connection: At half past the second hour, I will play two tracks from Irish artists. There is a huge amount of talent in this little island where I come from, and I’d like to share some of the best with you.
- The One That Got Away. This can be either a forgotten single, or an album track, the choice is totally yours. It’s a track that is not often heard on the radio, we brush the dust off it and drag it out into the light each weekend.
Suggestions for these features are most welcome.
I will also bring you a stack of musical facts about the tracks I play. You never know, they might come in handy some day when called upon to answer that important winning question in a pub quiz.
Contacting The Show
To contact me during the show, please tweet @daltobr, or email the show at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you all, and welcome to the weekend!